Abhishek Verma and V. Jyothi Surekha led in men and women's sections respectively after the first day’s action in compound selection trials at the KIIT University ground here on Saturday.
Verma collected 1,412 points after four rounds of shooting over a distance of 50m. Bhagwan Das (1407) and Rajat Chauhan (1404) were at second and third spots.
Jyothi was at the top place with 1403 points. She was followed by Muskan Kirar and Raj Kaur, who scored 1385 apiece.
Monu, Dipti shine
Monu Kumar and Dipti Kumari topped the men and women sections respectively after the individual ranking round of the Indian style in the NTPC National archery championships.
Monu aggregated 668 points, while Dipti gathered 629 after 50m and 30m rounds.
Monu won the tie-breaker against Pardeep, who was second with an identical 668. I.S. Lalchuloilova was third with 662.
P. Soniya Devi (627) and Tutumoni Boro (624) were second and third in women’s section.
- Munna Khalid: From Jamia Millia Islamia to BWF Para Badminton World Championships
- Fritz downs Paul to capture ATP Delray Beach Open title
- WPL 2024: ‘Rejection has been some sort of a motivation for me,’ says Chamari Athapaththu
- Dubai Championships: Azarenka lines up Rybakina in second round
- Pep Guardiola sorry for Kalvin Phillips ‘overweight’ jibe