The Indian recurve mixed team ensured another medal by entering the final, while the compound mixed team stayed in the hunt by making it to the bronze medal contest in the Archery World Cup Stage-1 at Antalya, Turkey, on Friday.
The fifth-ranked India, consisting of Tarundeep Rai and Ridhi, got a bye and then beat Ukraine 6-2, Poland 5-1 and Spain 5-3 to reach the final. India will meet Great Britain in the recurve mixed team title clash on Sunday.
In the compound mixed team event, 11-ranked India, comprising Abhishek Verma and Muskan Kirar, defeated Norway 156-152, Puerto Rico 156-148 and third-ranked Great Britain 156-156 (19-18) to reach the semifinals. It lost to Slovenia 157-156 to set up a bronze medal match with Croatia.
Jayanta Talukdar saw off Algeria's Omar Nadji 7-3, USA's Matthew Requa 6-2, Croatia's Leo Sulik 6-5 (10-8) and Ukraine's Ivan Kozhokar 6-2 before tasting defeat against Australian Ryan Tyack 7-3 in the men’s recurve individual quarterfinals.
Tarundeep (third round), Sachin Gupta (second) and Neeraj Chauhan (first) exited earlier.
In the recurve women’s individual competition, Ridhi’s campaign ended in the third round. Komalika Bari could not go beyond the second round. Both Simranjeet Kaur and Ankita Bhakat lost in the opening round.
Latest on Sportstar
- Heat vs Nuggets Live Score, Game 2: MIA 51-57 DEN; Denver ahead at half-time - NBA Finals updates
- Denver Nuggets vs Miami Heat LIVE Streaming Info: When and where to watch the NBA Finals Game 2?
- Sabalenka makes French Open last eight for first time
- Tsitsipas blasts past Ofner to make French Open quarter-finals
- Duplantis sets new 2023 pole vault best