Akshay Thete and W. Malesori Devi emerged as the champions in the men and women sections of Indian style on the concluding day of the National archery championships at the Barabati Stadium here on Sunday.
Verma, Jyothi top ranking rounds
Abhishek Verma and V. Jyothi Surekha retained their top positions after eight 50m ranking rounds of the compound selection trials at the KIIT University ground here on Sunday.
Verma (2829), Rajat Chauhan (2825) and Bhagwan Das (2800) claimed the three elite spots among men. Jyothi (2801), Muskan Kirar (2774) and Swati Dudhwal (2772) were the best among women after the ranking phase.
The one-on-one round robin matches among top 12 men and women will be held on Monday.
- Men : Final: Akshay Thete (Mah) bt T. Langma Meitei (Mani) 6-2; Third place: Gaurav Chandne (Mah) bt Gunram Purty (Jha) 6-0.
- Women: Final: W. Malesori Devi (Mani) bt Pallabi Boro (Asm) 6-4; Third place: Pallabi Das (AIP) bt Dipti Kumari (Jha) 6-4.
- Men: Jharkhand bt Arunachal Pradesh 4-4 (28-27); Third place: Uttar Pradesh bt Kerala 6-2.
- Women: Final: Jharkhand bt Manipur 5-3; Third place: AIP bt Gujarat 6-2.
- Mixed: Final: Jharkhand bt AIP 5-3; Third place: Manipur bt Gujarat 4-4 (tie-breaker 20-17).