- Badminton: India wins silver in men’s team event
- Yarraji vs Yanni- DID YOU KNOW?
- Jyothi Yarraji finishes third in women’s 100m hurdles pending review after false start drama
- Women’s 100m hurdles: Jyothi Yarraji and Wu Yanni
- Women’s Discus Throw: Seema Punia throws 58.62m to win bronze
- Women’s Heptathlon: Nandini Agasara wins bronze
- Men’s Long Jump Final: M Sreeshankar wins silver
- Men's 1500m Final: Ajay, Jinson win silver and bronze
- Harmilan Bains wins women’s 1500m silver
- Tajinderpal Singh Toor wins shotput gold
- Sable wins 3000m SC gold!
- MEDAL ALERT: AVINASH SABLE WINS 3000m STEEPLECHASE GOLD
- Boxing: Nikhat Zareen wins women’s 50kg bronze
- Badminton - India vs China men’s team final
- Shooting - Kynan Darius Chenai wins Bronze
- How Kartik Kumar and Gulveer Singh trained for a podium double?
- Asian Games Diary
- Shooting - Men's trap team bags gold medal
- Shooting - Women’s trap team wins silver
- Aditi Ashok wins silver
- Overall medals tally
- Athletics - Women’s Heptathlon in progress
- October 01, 2023 20:47That’s all for the day!
Thankyou all for tuning into Sportstar’s Asian Games coverage. See you all tomorrow for more Asian Games news!
- October 01, 2023 19:45Badminton: India wins silver in men’s team event
Mithun Manjunath lost to Weng Hongyang 0-2 as India won silver in the men’s team, while facing defending champions China, who won gold.
- October 01, 2023 19:23Other results:
Basketball- India lost to China 53- 111 in Preliminary Round Group A match.
Chess- India men’s team won against 3.0-1.0 Kazakhstan
Women’s team- India 3.5-0.5 won against Indonesia
Sepaktakraw- Women’s Quadrant group- India 0-2 Laos , India 0-2 China
Men’s Quadrant group- India 0-2 Japan
Women’s Volleyball- India 0-3 China
Bridge- At the end of the day, India’s score:
Women’s Team - 99.27, Men’s team- 252.35, Mixed team- 205.02
Compound archery qualification- Ojas Pravin in third place with a score of 709, Abhishek scored 708 in fourth place, Prathamesh Samadhan finished 10th, Rajat finished 16th.
Recurve Women’s Qualification: Ankita- 14th, Bhajan Kaur- 18th, Simranjeet Kaur- 19th, Prachi Singh- 55th.
- October 01, 2023 19:19Yarraji vs Yanni- DID YOU KNOW?
Wu Yanni was stopped for a false start even at the 100m hurdles finals in the Asian Athletics Championship 2023 in Thailand. That race saw Jyothi Yarraji win gold. The two faced each other again at the World University Games 2023, wherein Yarraji won bronze, while the Chinese won silver.
- October 01, 2023 19:13Yarraji to win silver in women’s 100m hurdles after scuffle
- October 01, 2023 19:03Jyothi Yarraji finishes third in women’s 100m hurdles pending review after false start drama
- October 01, 2023 19:01Women’s 100m hurdle: Jyothi finishes third but final result is yet to be decided
While Lin Yuwei was the winner with 12.74 and won gold, the results of Wu and Yarraji is yet to be decided.
- October 01, 2023 18:54Women’s 100m hurdles: Jyothi Yarraji and Wu Yanni
Jyothi Yarraji and Wu Yanni were seen arguing after Wu was first disqualified for false start and is seen telling the officials that Yarraji’s moments led her to move. The results of the two are yet to be decided due to the same.
- October 01, 2023 18:33Women’s Discus Throw: Seema Punia throws 58.62m to win bronze
Seema Punia’s fourth attempt proved to be her best one with a 58.62m throw as she won bronze medal in the women’s discus throw event with a season best.
- October 01, 2023 18:29Women’s Heptathlon: Nandini Agasara wins bronze
Nandini Agasara wins bronze in the women’s heptathlon event with a personal best in the 800m.
- October 01, 2023 18:21Men’s Long Jump Final: M Sreeshankar wins silver
Sreeshankar jumped 8.00 in his last attempt and has won silver.
- October 01, 2023 18:13Men's 1500m Final: Ajay, Jinson win silver and bronze
Ajay Kumar won silver, while Jinson Johnson, the 2018 gold medallist, bagged bronze with timings of 3:38.94 and 3:39.74, respectively.
- October 01, 2023 18:06REPORT- HARMILAN BAINS WINS SILVER IN WOMEN’S 1500m
Asian Games: Harmilan Bains wins silver in women’s 1500m; Ajay Kumar, Jinson Johnson take silver and bronze in men’s 1500m
India’s Harmilan Bains won silver in the women’s 1500m while Ajay Kumar and Jinson Johnson took silver and bronze respectively in the men’s 1500m at the Asian Games in Hangzhou on Sunday.
- October 01, 2023 18:00Harmilan Bains wins women’s 1500m silver
India’s Harmilan Bains wins the women’s 1500m silver medal.
- October 01, 2023 17:54Men’s Long Jump Final fourth attempt: Jeswin, Sreeshankar in action
Jeswin Aldrin- 7.72m, Sreeshankar- 8.19m (currently second)
- October 01, 2023 17:46Women’s Shotput Final- Seema Punia in action
Seema Punia throws 53.95m in first attempt
- October 01, 2023 17:37Badminton: Srikanth loses game one
Srikanth lost his first game in a neck-to-neck finish 22-24 against Li Shifeng
- October 01, 2023 17:31Men’s Long Jump Final Third attempt: Shreeshankar and Jeswin
Jeswin Aldrin- 7.76m, M Sreeshankar- 8.01m (currently second)
- October 01, 2023 17:30Tajinderpal Singh Toor wins shotput gold
Tajinderpal Singh Toor won shotput gold with his last throw of 20.36m.
- October 01, 2023 17:16Men’s Shot Put Final: Tajinderpal Singh Toor throws 20.06
Tajinderpal Singh Toor throws 20.06m and is in second place as the Saudi Arabian throws 20.18. Sahib has bettered his mark again to register an 18.18m throw.
- October 01, 2023 17:09Men’s Long Jump Final: Jeswin Aldrin and Sreeshankar in action
Jeswin Aldrin - 7.75m in first attempt and Sreeshankar fouls first attempt
Second attempt- Aldrin- fouls and Sreeshankar- 7.87m
- October 01, 2023 17:05Badminton: Kidambi Srikanth takes on Li Shifeng
Kidambi Srikanth takes on Li Shifeng in the third match of the men’s team gold medal event.
- October 01, 2023 16:59Men’s Shot Put Final: Tajinderpal Singh makes it to the next round with a 19.21m throw
Tajinderpal Singh makes it to the next round with a 19.21m throw in his third attempt as he fouled his first two attempts.
Sahib Singh - currently in seventh with 17.90m
- October 01, 2023 16:57MEDAL ALERT: AVINASH SABLE WINS 3000m STEEPLECHASE GOLD
Avinash Sable won the 3000m Steeplechase gold as he took charge since the start and finished 8:19.53 with a Games Record. This is India’s first track and field gold in Asian Games 2023.
- October 01, 2023 16:36Men’s Shot Put Final: Tajinderpal Singh fouls on first two attempts
India’s Tajinderpal Singh Toor throws close to 20m but its deemed a foul! A similar fate in his second throw.
- October 01, 2023 16:35Boxing: Nikhat Zareen wins women’s 50kg bronze
Round one: India’s Nikhat Zareen wins round one but just by a split decision 3:2.
Round two: Despite her constant attempts, Nikhat fails to impress the judges, due to which she loses this round 2:3.
Round Three: The Thai boxer gets four 10s in the last round in comparison to Nikhat’s one.
India’s Nikhat wins bronze!
- October 01, 2023 16:31Badminton- Satwik-Chirag beat Wang/Liang in game one
India’s Satwik/Chirag beat Wang/Liang of China 21-15 in game one
- October 01, 2023 16:09Badminton- Satwik/Chirag takes on Wang/Liang
India’s Satwik/Chirag takes on Wang/Liang of China in the men’s team gold medal match
- October 01, 2023 15:56Badminton- Lakshya Sen defeats Yuqi Shi 2-1
After trailing 5-10, Lakshya Sen defeated Yuqi Shi of China 21-18 in the third game
- October 01, 2023 15:45Squash: Anahat/Abhay thrashes Pakistani duo Sadia/Farhan 2-0
Anahat/Abhay defeated Pakistani duo Sadia/Farhan 2-0 (11-3, 11-2) in the mixed doubles squash POOL D match
- October 01, 2023 15:28Badminton - Lakshya Sen loses 14-21 in Game 2
China’s Yuqi Shi exerts dominance in second game after first game defeat against Lakshya Sen
- October 01, 2023 15:18Badminton - Lakshya Sen trails 8-12 in Game 2
China’s Yuqi Shi fights back in the second game. He is much more aggressive in points and Lakshya is getting rushed into his shots.
- October 01, 2023 15:04Badminton - Lakshya Sen takes Game 1 22-20
Lakshya Sen hangs on, saves a game point to ensure that he takes the first Game. Yuqi Shi pushed him right down to the wire. It was a great comeback from 10-15 down but it falls just short.
It’s still a long way to go from here.
- October 01, 2023 15:01Hockey - India 1-1 Korea
India shares a point with Korea in the Pool A fixture. India stays at the top of the group with a superior goal difference and will take on Hong Kong in the final round.
- October 01, 2023 14:57Badminton - Sen 17-17 Shi
The Indian led 15-10 at one point but a series of unforced errors has got the game level 17-17.
- October 01, 2023 14:48Badminton - India vs China
Lakshya Sen has started in the singles match for India. He leads 13-9 against Yuqi Shi.
- October 01, 2023 14:38Hockey - IND 1-1 KOR
India levels with Korea. Deep Grace Ikka’s drag flick does the trick for India in the 3rd quarter. Well, kind of. Her flick is blocked by a rusher and dies towards the goal. Salima Tete has a half try to put it into the goal but its the deflection off the post player’s stick that takes the ball into the goal.
- October 01, 2023 14:30Badminton - India vs China men’s team final
From one medal event to another, India faces world beaters China in the men’s team final. Is a historic gold medal beckoning India?
- October 01, 2023 14:13Shooting - Kynan Darius Chenai wins Bronze
India gets a bronze medal in shooting with Kynan Darius Chenai securing a third place in the men’s trap individual final. He gets a score of 32 out of 40.
- October 01, 2023 14:05Shooting - Men’s Trap Final
India’s Zoravar Singh is eliminated in fifth place. He manages to find the pellet a total of 23 times out of 30 attempts.
Kynan Darius Chenai continues to fight on for a medal but he is in fourth place now.
- October 01, 2023 13:58Shooting - Men’s Trap Final after 5 rounds
- October 01, 2023 13:49Shooting - Men’s Trap Final after 3 rounds
- October 01, 2023 13:45Hockey - IND 0-1 KOR
India concedes early in the match. Cho Hyejin of Korea converts a penalty stroke to hand the advantage to her side.
- October 01, 2023 13:43Just In - HS Prannoy to miss men’s final today
Not good news for the India faithful. HS Prannoy will be unavailable for the gold medal match against China.
- October 01, 2023 13:39Shooting - Men’s Trap Final
India’s Zoravar Singh and Kynan Chenai start with 4/5 in the first series of shots.
- October 01, 2023 13:32Shooting - Men’s Trap Final Startlist
- October 01, 2023 13:20Up next
India women’s hockey team takes on South Korea at 1:30pm IST.
- October 01, 2023 13:01Shooting - Women’s Trap Final - Manisha eliminated
The struggle continues for Manisha as she has managed to find only 16 shots on target out of a possible 25 and she is the first to get eliminated
- October 01, 2023 12:45Shooting - Women’s Trap Final
Not the ideal start for Manisha Keer. She manages a 3/5 in the second set of shots to. In the last place at the moment.
- October 01, 2023 12:43Boxing - Jaismine loses in quarterfinals
India’s Jaismine suffers a defeat at the hands of North Korea’s Won Ungyong. Jaismine was ahead after the first round but a couple of lethal punches from the North Korean put the Indian in trouble. The referee eventually had to step in and the bout was stopped.
- October 01, 2023 12:39Shooting - Women’s Trap Final
The final consists of 25 shots and the shooters who strike the most number of targets will win.
India’s Manisha Keer starts with 3/5 in the final.
- October 01, 2023 12:34Shooting - Women’s Trap Final Startlist
- October 01, 2023 12:23How Kartik Kumar and Gulveer Singh trained for a podium double?
Kartik Kumar and Gulveer Singh secured a double-podium finish for India in the men’s 10000m on Saturday.
Aashin Prasad decodes how the duo trained in the lead up to the competition.
- October 01, 2023 12:19Kurash - India results
India’s Aditya Sanjay Dhopaokar lost in the men’s 81kg Round of 16 bout against Hassan Baiqara Rasooli.
- October 01, 2023 11:59Boxing - Parveen through to semifinals
A bronze is assured of Parveen in the women’s 57kg. She wins by a unanimous decision from the judges and books a spot in the Paris Olympics as well.
- October 01, 2023 11:50Boxing - India’s Parveen in action
The women’s 57kg category quarterfinal is underway. India’s Parveen faces Turdikova from Uzbekistan.
A win in this bout comes with an assured medal and an Olympic quota.
- October 01, 2023 11:24Equestrian - Cross Country
India’s Apurva Kishore Dabhade is sixth and the best placed of all Indians. Vikas Kumar is 16th while Ashish Vivek Limaye has been eliminated.
- October 01, 2023 11:06Asian Games Diary
As the competition peaks at the Asian Games in Hangzhou, Sportstar’s Aashin Prasad gives a look into the experience of covering the event from ground zero.
- October 01, 2023 10:52Squash - Wins for Indian teams in Pool matches
First, Dipika Pallikal and Harinder Pal Singh registered a comfortable 2-0 victory against South Korea’s Hwayeong Eum and Jaejin Yoo.
Anahat Singh and Abhay Singh were the second Indian team to get a straight games win against Philippines pair.
- October 01, 2023 10:23Shooting - Men's trap team bags gold medal
There’s another medal for India in shooting. The men’s team of Zoravar Singh, Kynan Darius Chenai and Prithviraj Tondaiman win the gold medal with an Asian Games record of 361.
- October 01, 2023 09:54Shooting - Women’s trap team wins silver
The Indian women’s trap team of Rajeshwari Kumari, Manisha Keer and Preeti Rajak took home the silver medal with a score of 337.
In addition, Manisha will advance to the final as well. She was tied on 114 with three others but advanced via a shootoff.
- October 01, 2023 09:33Aditi Ashok wins silver
The Indian wins silver medal. She ends the competition with a par on the final hole to reach a score of 17 under.
- October 01, 2023 09:21Roller Skating - A near miss for India
- October 01, 2023 09:01Archery - Men’s Recurrve Qualification Round
The 72-arrow round comes to an end and here is how the Indians fared:
4. Atanu Das - 678
7. Dhiraj Bommadevara - 675
15. Tushar Prabhakar Shelke - 669
17. Mrinal Chauhan - 667
- October 01, 2023 08:57Golf - Women’s Individual
Aditi Ashok with another poor round. She gets a double bogey on the 16th hole.
That sees her drop from the gold medal spot.
- October 01, 2023 08:53Archery - Women’s Compound Qualification Round
Here are the final positions of the Indian archers after 72 arrows:
1. Jyothi Surekha Vennam - 704
4. Aditi Gopichand Swami - 696
12. Parneet Kaur - 687
15. Avneet Kaur - 685
- October 01, 2023 08:43Golf - Women’s Individual
Aditi Ashok with a bogey on the 15th hole. She was looking for a putt but sent her shot wide. She has a lead of just one shot now.
- October 01, 2023 08:27Shooting - Men’s Trap team in gold medal place
The Indian team is in first place with one round of shots to go.
- October 01, 2023 08:11Athletics - Amlan Borgohain into 200m semifinals
The Indian finishes third in Heat 3 of the men’s 200m with a timing of 21.08s.
He will be in action in the semifinals now in the evening throw.
- October 01, 2023 07:57Canoe Sprint - Indian through to semifinal
India’s Soniya Devi Phairembam finished the heats in fourth place in 2:17.351. The top three advance directly to the final while the fourth and fifth go through the semifinals.
- October 01, 2023 07:52Canoe Sprint - Indian finishes fifth in heat
India’s Megha Pradeep finished fifth out of five racers in the first heat of the women’s canoe single 200m. She reached the finish line with a timing of 56.705.
- October 01, 2023 07:46Aditi Ashok nearing on a gold
- October 01, 2023 07:40Overall medals tally
After the two medals in men’s 10000m final on Saturday night, India’s count at the Hangzhou Games ticked to 38.
- October 01, 2023 07:23Archery - Women’s Compound Qualification Round
India’s Jyothi Surekha Vennam leads after five series of shots. Aditi Swami is fifth and going strong as well. The third Indian Avneet Kaur sits at 15th right now.
- October 01, 2023 07:10Shooting - Men’s Trap Qualification
Two Indians are in contention to make it to the final. Kynan Darius Chenai is in 2nd place and Zoravar Singh Sandhu in fourth.
In the team round, the Indian team sits in the silver medal spot.
- October 01, 2023 07:05Archery - Men’s Recurve Qualification Round
Four Indians are taking part in the event. The archers shoot 72 arrows each to decide the seedings for the main rounds. As of now, after 30 shots, three Indians - Atanu Das, Dhiraj Bommadevara, Tushar Shelke - sit in the top 10.
- October 01, 2023 07:00Athletics - Women’s Heptathlon in progress
India’s Nandini Agasara and Swapna Barman continue their campaign in the women’s heptathlon. You can catch the live updates on Sportstar.
- October 01, 2023 06:55Aditi Ashok four clear in the lead
India’s Aditi Ashok continues to remain in the lead in the women’s golf competition. She is at 20 under par while China’s Lin Xiyu who sits at 16 under par.
India also in the hunt for a team medal, currently sitting in the bronze medal spot.
- October 01, 2023 06:46Indians in action today
6:30 AM: Jyoti Surekha Vennam, Aditi Gopichand Swamy, Parneet Kaur, Avneet Kaur - Compound Women Qualification
6:30 AM: Atanu Das, Dhiraj Bommadevara, Mrinal Chauhan, Tushar Prabhakar Shelke – Recurve Men Qualification
11:50 AM: Ankita Bhakat, Bhajan Kaur, Simranjeet Kaur, Prachi Singh – Recurve Women Qualification
11:50 AM: Abhishek Verma, Rajat Chauhan, Prathmesh Samadhan Jawkar, Ojar Pravin Deotale – Compound Men Qualification
6:30 AM: Swapna Barman, Nandini Agasara - Women’s Heptathlon Long Jump
7:10 AM: Jyothi Yarraji – Women’s 200m Round 1
7:35 AM: Swapna Barman, Nandini Agasara - Women’s Heptathlon Javelin Throw
8:06 AM: Amlan Borgohain – Men’s 200m – Round 1 Heat 4
4:30 PM: Tajinderpal Singh Toor, Sahib Singh – Men’s Shot Put Final
4:40 PM: Sreeshanker/Jeswin – Men’s Long Jump Final
4:45 PM: Avinash Sable – Men’s 3000m Steeple Chase
5:25 PM: Amlan Borgohain – Men’s 200m – Semifinal (if qualified)
5:35 PM: Seema Punia – Women’s Discuss Throw Final
5:50 PM: KM Deeksha, Harmilan Bains – W 1500m Final
6:00 PM: Jinson Johson/ Ajay Kumar Saroj – Men’s 1500 Final
6:15 PM: Swapna Barman, Nandini Agasara - Women’s Heptathlon 800m
6:45 PM: Jyothi Yarraji, Nithya Ramraj – Women’s 100m Hurdles
5:30 PM: Women’s Team Vs China – Women’s Basketball Group Phase -3rd round
2:30 PM: Men’s Team Vs China – Men’s Team Finals
11:45 AM: Parveen Vs Turdibekova (UZB) – Women’s 57kg Quarterfinal
12:30 PM: Jaismine Vs Won U (North Korea) – Women’s 60 Kg Quarterfinal
4:30 PM: Nikhat Zareen Vs Raksat C (THA) – W 50kg – Semifinal
6:30 AM: Jaggy Shivdasani, Sandeep Thakral, Rajeshwar Tiwari, Sumit Mukherjee, Raju Tolani, Ajay Khare - Men Team Round Robin – Qualification 2nd Round robin, 5-8 rounds
6:30 AM: Kiran Nadar, B Satyanarayana, Himani Khandelwal, Rajeev Khandelwal, Marianne Karmarkar, Sandeep Karmarkar – Mixed Team – Qualification 2nd Round robin, 5-8 rounds
11:00 AM: Asha Sharma, Puja Batra, Bharti Dey, Alka Kshirsagar, Kalpana Gurjar, Vidya Patel - Women Team – Qualification 2nd Round robin, 4-5 rounds
KAYAKING & CANOEING
7:00 AM: Megha Pradeep – Women’s Canoe Singles 200m Heat 1
7:26 AM: Soniya Devi – Women’s Kayak Singles 500m Heat 2
12:30 PM: Megha Pradeep – Women’s Canoe Singles 200m Semifinal (if qualified)
12:40 PM: Soniya Devi – Women’s Kayak Singles 500m Semifinals (if qualified)
12:30 PM: Vidit Gujarathi, Gukesh D., Arjun Erigais, R. Praggnanandhaa – Men’s Team Round 3
12:30 PM: Koneru Humpy, Vantika Agrawal, Vaishali Rameshbabu, Savitha Sri Baskar – Women’s Team Round 3
5:30 AM onwards: Ashish Limaye, Major Apurva Dabhade, Vikas Kumar – Cross Country (Team & Individual)
4:00 AM onwards: P Sharath Urs, A Prashanth, Aditi Ashok – Women’s Individual & Team – Final Round
5:00 AM onwards: Anirban Lahiri, S.S.P Chawrasia, KH Joshi, S Sharma – Men’s Individual & Team – Final Round
1:30 PM: Women’s Team Vs Korea – Preliminary Wen’s Pool A
6:26 AM onwards: Aditya Dhopakar vs Rasooli S Hassan Baiqara (AFG) - M 81 Kg - Preliminary & Elimination
6:40 AM: Jagadeeswaran Karthika & Bathula Sanjana - Women’s Speed Skating 1000m Sprint Heat 2
6:50 AM: Ghuman Aryanpal Singh - Men’s Speed Skating 1000m Sprint Heat 1 & 2
8:10 AM: Jagadeeswaran Karthika & Bathula Sanjana - Women’s Speed Skating 1000m Sprint Final (If Qualified)
8:20 AM: Ghuman Aryanpal Singh - Men’s Speed Skating 1000m Sprint Final (If Qualified)
7:30 AM: Team India Vs Laos – Women’s Quadrant Group Stage
11:30 AM: Team India Vs Japan – Men’s Quadrant Group Stage
12:30 PM: Team India Vs China – Women’s Quadrant Group Stage
06:30 AM: Prithviraj Tondaiman, Kynan Chenai, Zoravar Singh Sandhu - Trap-50 shots (Individual & Team) - Qualification (Stage 2)
06:30 AM: Manisha Keer, Preeti Rajak, Rajeshwari Kumari - Trap-50 shots (Individual & Team) Qualification (Stage 2)
1:30 PM: Manisha Keer, Preeti Rajak, Rajeshwari Kumari - Trap (Individual) Final (If Qualified)
1:30 PM: Prithviraj Tondaiman, Kynan Chenai, Zoravar Singh Sandhu - Trap (Individual) - Final (If qualified)
8:30 AM: Harinder & Dipika Vs Eum & Yoo (KOR) – Mixed Doubled 1st Round, Team Pool Match
10:00 AM: Abhay & Anahat Vs Dalida & Pelino (PHI) - Mixed Doubled 1st Round, Team Pool Match
1:30 PM: Harinder & Dipika Vs Ali & Zaman N. (PAK) – Mixed Doubled 2nd Round, Team Pool Match
1:30 PM: Mahesh Mangaonkar Vs Jonathan (PHI) – Men’s Team Men’s Singles Round of 32
3:00 PM: Abhay & Anahat Vs Gul & Zaman F. (PAK) - Mixed Doubled 2nd Round, Team Pool Match
4:30 PM: Women’s Team Vs China - Preliminary Round (Pool A)
- Indian Super League 2023-24 Quiz — Set 1
- Dinesh Karthik to lead Tamil Nadu in Vijay Hazare Trophy 2023-24
- BCCI announce squads and fixtures for the upcoming U19 men’s quadrangular series
- Liverpool striker Luis Diaz’s father released by kidnappers after 12 days
- ATP Finals 2023 draw: Djokovic faces Sinner, Tsitsipas and Rune in group stage