The Indian men’s cricket team will kickstart its Asian Games campaign against Nepal on Tuesday in the quarterfinals of the cricket tournament.
FOLLOW LIVE | INDIA vs NEPAL UPDATES
The Men In Blue are playing the quarterfinals directly due to them being a top-ranked T20I side. Nepal defeated Maldives by 138 runs in its Group A match to qualify for the quarterfinals.
The Indian men’s side, making its Asian Games debut will be looking forward to repeating the heroics of the women’s side, which won a gold by defeating Sri Lanka in the final by 19 runs while defending a small total of 117 runs. It was also the debut of women’s team in the continental event.
India squad: Ruturaj Gaikwad (captain), Yashasvi Jaiswal, Rahul Tripathi, Tilak Varma, Rinku Singh, Jitesh Sharma (wicket-keeper), Washington Sundar, Shahbaz Ahmed, Ravi Bishnoi, Avesh Khan, Arshdeep Singh, Mukesh Kumar, Shivam Dube, Prabhsimran Singh (wicket-keeper), Akash Deep
Standby players: Yash Thakur, Sai Kishore, Venkatesh Iyer, Deepak Hooda, Sai Sudarsan.
- Syed Mushtaq Ali T20 Trophy review: Key stats, top performers, potential India players
- Shaji Prabhakaran sacked as AIFF Secretary General
- Tom Latham: ODIs are fantastic, have a little bit of everything
- ODI World Cup: Costliest dropped catches in CWC history
- Matildas switch to match, commercial payments under new Australia pay deal