- September 30, 2023 14:19Final Standings
- September 30, 2023 14:17Chanu finishes 4th
A total weight of 191kg for the India’s Mirabai Chanu. She fell a few kilos short in both disciplines. An 86kg lift in snatch could have put her in position to challenge with her strong Clean & Jerk. But it was not to be due to a thigh injury. Even in Clean & Jerk, she was restricted to 108kg, failing twice on 117kg.
- September 30, 2023 14:10Songgum Ri breaks World Record
History for Ri! 124kg in clean & jerk to go with 92kg in the snatch round to get her to 216kg overall. She has tears as she hugs her coach.
It’s silver for China’s Jiang Huihua and bronze for Thailand’s Thanyathon Sukcharoen.
- September 30, 2023 14:06Songgum Ri wins gold
She goes with a lift of 122kg and pulls it off too. This takes her overall weight to 214kg.
This is a Word Record-equalling score as well.
- September 30, 2023 14:05Huihua goes all in
It is 119kg for the Chinese on the final lift. She gets a total weight of 213kg to be the prime contender for the gold.
- September 30, 2023 14:03Mirabai Chanu - Lift 3 - Clean & Jerk
Chanu cannot get a lift on the third try too. She goes down from her squat position and and seems to have done something to her right thigh.
She ends with a total weight of 191kg which will put her on the fourth place.
- September 30, 2023 14:02China’s Huihua gets her second lift
Huihua manages 117kg on her second lift to take her total to 211kg. That’s good enough for a first place.
- September 30, 2023 14:00Mirabai Chanu - Lift 2 - Clean & Jerk
She can get the clean part sorted and sees the bar slip from her shoulders.
- September 30, 2023 13:59Chanu to go for 117kg
The second attempt coming up for the Indian
- September 30, 2023 13:59North Korea’s Ri starts with 117kg
A massive lift from the second placed lifter after snatch round. This is going to be a tight finish.
- September 30, 2023 13:57China’s Huihua in with her first lift
Huihua starts with 111kg. No trouble in doing so.
- September 30, 2023 13:56Thanyathon ends with 109kg
The Thai lifter, who is first right now, gets 109kg on the last attempt which puts her total at 199kg.
- September 30, 2023 13:53Mirabai Chanu - Lift 1 - Clean & Jerk
Sensational! Mirabai Chanu has pulled herself back into the medal contention with a lift of 108kg.
Her total weight of 191kg puts her in second place as of now.
- September 30, 2023 13:53Thailand’s Thanyathon lifts 107kg
The Thailand lifter makes a 107kg lift on her second attempt, going better than her 100kg on the first try.
- September 30, 2023 13:45Tanasan fails to get a lift
The Thai lifter fails to register a lift in clean & jerk.
That’s one competitor going down for Chanu.
- September 30, 2023 13:40Sanikun Tanasan falters on first attempt
The Thai lifter, another one who had a better lift than Mirabai in Snatch, falters on 103kg on her first try.
- September 30, 2023 13:37Ramos Rosegie
The Philippines lifter, who recorded 87kg in snatch, starts the clean & jerk round with 100kg.
- September 30, 2023 13:31An injury to Mirabai Chanu
Sportstar’s correspondant from the venue, “She has a thigh injury. Aggravated an existing issue. Physio says she will be fine but not 100%.”
- September 30, 2023 13:21Mirabai Chanu 6th after snatch round
The Indian is outside the medal places for now. A disappointing result so far for her. 86kg is a weight that is well within her reach but it was not to be today.
She made a hobbling walk back to the back room too after the third lift. Hope that is nothing serious.
She now has three clean & jerk lifts to cut the gap and make an attempt at the bronze medal. The gold and silver look a bit too far for her.
- September 30, 2023 13:19Ri falters on final lift
She goes for a 95kg attempt to better Jiang’s attempt but it proves to be a tad too much for her.
- September 30, 2023 13:18China’s Jiang Huihua leads
The Chinese with a remarkable 94kg lift on her final attempt to snatch the lead back.
- September 30, 2023 13:16Songgum Ri gets 92kg
A massive 92kg lift from the North Korea athlete. She storms to the top. Impressive comeback after she had failed on her 90kg attempt earlier.
- September 30, 2023 13:09China’s Jiang Huihua
The Chinese breezes past the first lift of 88kg.
- September 30, 2023 13:06Mirabai Chanu - Lift 3 - Snatch
It’s still a no go on the third attempt. Two invalids attempts at 86kg. She takes her time after she gets the barbell over her shoulders but cannot make the final push with her lower body.
She will register a best of 83kg after the snatch round.
- September 30, 2023 13:04Mirabai Chanu - Lift 2 - Snatch
It’s a red flag for Mirabai on the second attempt at 86kg.
- September 30, 2023 12:54Mirabai Chanu - Lift 1 - Snatch Round
That’s a clean lift. Three green dots for Chanu at 83kg.
The perfect start for the Indian.
- September 30, 2023 12:51Vietnam’s Dinh Thi Pham
The Vietnamese has not trouble with a 77kg lift on the first try. She now raises the weight to 80kg for the second attempt.
- September 30, 2023 12:47Japan’s Chiaki Ajima
The Japanese lifter start her set with a fault on 75kg. She will use second of her three lifts now to get the lift.
- September 30, 2023 12:33The China Challenge
Mirabai Chanu will have a stiff challenge from China’s Jiang Huihua - the world record and holder.
- September 30, 2023 12:26Startlist
- September 30, 2023 12:13LIVE STREAMING INFO
You can watch the live stream and broadcast on the Sony Sports Network and the Sony LIV app.
- Vijay Hazare Trophy 2023 LIVE Score, Round 4: Tamil Nadu beats Baroda; Mumbai, Saurashtra win; MP in deep trouble v Bengal
- BCCI extends contract of India head coach Rahul Dravid and support staff
- NBA roundup: Kings stun Warriors, advance in tournament
- India to tour Sri Lanka in July-August, 2024 for six-match white-ball series
- IND vs AUS, 3rd T20I: With so much dew even 14 runs per over would have been chased, says Gaikwad defending Prasidh and co.