With stars like Hima Das, the world’s second-fastest junior quartermiler this year, long jumper M. Sreeshankar and last year’s under-18 Worlds hammer throw silver medallist Damneet Singh, India will field a strong 31-member team in the IAAF World under-20 athletics championships which begin in Tampere, Finland, on July 10.
Men: Gaurav (400m), Beant Singh (800m), Ankit (1500m), Kartik Kumar (10,000m), S. Lokesh & M. Sreeshankar (long jump), K. Kamalraj (triple jump), Sahil Silwal & Arshdeep Singh (javelin throw), Ashish Bhalothia (shot put), Ashish Jakhar & Damneet Singh (hammer throw), Akash Kumar, Prajwal Mandanna, Scidanandh Nithin, P.S. Saneesh, Gurvinder Singh (all 4x100m relay), Stanley Cibbinkumar, Ayush Dabas, Gaurav, Devender Kumar, Rajesh Ramesh (all 4x400m relay).
Women: Hima Das & Jisna Mathew (400m), Durga Pramod Deore (1500m), Sapna Kumari (100m hurdles), Priyadharshini Suresh (triple jump), M. Kariniya & Arpandeep Kaur (both discus throw), Hima Das, Jisna Mathew, Rachina, Ritika, V. Subha (all 4x400m relay).
Latest on Sportstar
- WTC Final LIVE Score, IND vs AUS Day 3: IND 260/6 (60 overs); Rahane and Shardul share 100 partnership as session 1 goes India’s way
- Djokovic vs Alcaraz Live Score, French Open 2023: Generational battle in Roland-Garros semifinals
- WTC Final: Ajinkya Rahane completes 5000 Test runs for India in comeback match
- Who is Simone Inzaghi, Serie A manager who led Inter Milan to Champions League final for first time in 13 years
- Miami Heat forward Butler excited about Messi’s impact in Miami