The International Olympic Committee (IOC), on Tuesday, announced Turkey athlete Gulcan Mingir's disqualification from the London Olympic Games in 2012.
The 30-year-old, who competed in women’s 3000m steeplechase at the Games, had ranked 27. A re-analysis of her samples resulted in a positive test for the prohibited substance dehydrochlormethyltestosterone (turabinol).
The IOC Disciplinary Commission of Messrs Denis Oswald (Chair), Juan Antonio Samaranch and Ingmar De Vos composed for this case has asked World Athletics to modify the results of the event accordingly and to consider any further action within its own competence.
The National Olympic Committee of Turkey is to ensure full implementation of this decision.
The reanalysis programme for the samples from the 2012 Olympics will continue until the end of the statute of limitations period in August.
- Gujarat Giants vs Telugu Titans LIVE Score, Pro Kabaddi League 2023: Fazel’s Gujarat takes on Sehrawat’s Telugu; When, where to watch?
- Hyderabad FC vs Mohun Bagan SG LIVE Streaming Info, ISL 2023-24: When, where to watch HFC vs MBSG, predicted lineups, preview and more
- Indian sports news wrap, December 2: Rethin, Aishi win ITF junior titles; Elavenil clinches shooting nationals gold
- Pro Kabaddi League: All the PKL rules explained ahead of season 10
- EURO 2024: Top seedings, potential match-ups, when, where to watch European Championship draw?