Neeraj Chopra, the country’s biggest name in athletics, will not be defending his javelin throw title in the Asian Athletics Championships which begin in Doha on April 21.
Neeraj, the World No. 4 and also the Asian Games and Commonwealth Games champion, has suffered an elbow strain and has decided to play it safe.
“He has got pain in the elbow and if he competes in the Asians, it could worsen the situation,” Chief National Coach Bahadur Singh told Sportstar from Patiala on Sunday.
“He is now in India and two days ago, he had a throw and felt pain in his elbow so he and his coach think that it would be better not to take part in the Asian Championships.”
- India vs Australia LIVE Score Updates, 4th T20I: AUS - 120/5 (16), David dismissed by Chahar; Streaming info
- Al Hilal vs Al Nassr LIVE Updates, Saudi Pro League: Preview, streaming info, predicted lineups, score prediction
- France coach Didier Deschamps to miss Euro 2024 draw after undergoing surgery
- ISL 2023-24: Odisha FC continues winning form, beats Jamshedpur FC 1-0
- IND A vs ENG A Women: Issy Wong’s heroics help England level T20 series 1-1