National 100m record-holder Dutee Chand and star quarter-miler Priya H. Mohan bettered meet records in the 81st National inter-university women's athletics championships at the KIIT-KISS Stadium, Bhubaneswar, here on Tuesday.
World University Games champion Dutee was a comfortable winner in 11.44s while Priya impressively improved her personal best from her under-20 Worlds performance, where she was fourth in 52.77s, to 52.58s for the 400m gold. That made her the world's fastest under-20 quarter-miler this year.
ALSO READ : National inter-university women's championships: Bharti wins 10,000m gold; Priya Mohan, Dutee Chand enter final
Silver medallist Rupal also improved her 400m personal best by a huge margin, from last October's 53.73s to 53.05.
Gracena Merly, last year's Federation Cup high jump champion, and under-23 National champion Komal Jagdale (3000m steeple chase) also set meet records.
Latest on Sportstar
- WTC Final LIVE Score, IND vs AUS Day 4: Australia 124/4 (44 overs); India eyes early wickets
- Hockey India names 33-member Indian women’s core probables for national coaching camp for Asian Games
- East Bengal signs India international Nandhakumar Sekar on a three-year deal
- French Open women’s singles final: Swiatek vs Muchova - Battle of the opposites
- WTC Final: What is the highest Test score successfully chased and highest fourth-innings total at the Oval?