Olympic champion javelin thrower Neeraj Chopra’s training proposal in Finland was on Thursday approved in the lead up to his multiple World Athletics - Gold Level events in June.
According to a press release issued by the Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports, the Tokyo Olympic champion intends to train at Kuortane Olympic Training Centre in Finland during this time.
Chopra, who recently became the first Indian javelin thrower to become World Number 1, had followed a similar training plan in the year 2022 as well.
Among other proposals, the Mission Olympic Cell also approved paddler Payas Jain’s proposal for an advanced training camp in Taiwan.
Senior paddlers Manika Batra and Sathiyan Gnanasekaran’s proposals to take personal coaches Aman Balgu and S Raman respectively for multiple events were also approved by the MOC.
While Manika and Aman Balgu will head to WTT Contender, Zagreb and WTT Star Contender, Ljubljana, Sathiyan and Raman will head to Tunis in addition to the above-mentioned events.
The financial assistance will cover their air travel expenses, camp expenses, boarding and lodging cost, medical insurance and out-of-pocket allowance, among others.
MOC members also inducted rower Salman Khan into TOPS Development group. Salman, who belongs to Haryana’s Mewat region, had won a gold in the Gujarat National Games last year.
- Deodhar Trophy 2023: South Zone rides on Kaverappa’s magic to demolish North Zone in its opening game
- North Zone records lowest total in Deodhar Trophy history
- IND vs WI 2nd Test Live Score, Day 5: India needs eight wickets for series sweep vs West Indies; Lunch taken
- Deodhar Trophy 2023 Highlights, Round 1: North all out for 60; South Zone win by 185 runs; East, West complete easy chases
- Cancer survivor Caicedo, 18, set to make her FIFA Women’s World Cup debut for Colombia against Koreans