Steve Johnson can become the first player in 2018 to win a title on three different surfaces after advancing to the Winston-Salem final.
Johnson is in line to claim an ATP Tour trifecta following Friday's 6-3, 6-4 win over second seed and 2016 champion Pablo Carreno Busta.
American eighth seed Johnson has already reigned supreme on clay and grass, having won the U.S. Men's Clay Court Championship title in Houston and the Dell Technologies Hall of Fame Open.
After saving six of seven break points, Johnson will meet Daniil Medvedev in the Winston-Salem decider. Russia's Medvedev eased past Taro Daniel 6-1, 6-1 in only 65 minutes. "It's a great feeling. I just did what I had to do. I'm happy to go through," Medvedev said.
- IND vs AUS live score 3rd ODI: Bumrah removes Carey; Glenn Maxwell arrives at the crease
- Table Tennis LIVE Score, Asian Games 2023: Manav, Manush qualify for doubles R-32; Sathiyan, Manika in Mixed Doubles R-32 action now
- Asian Games 2023: Overall medals tally, September 27 - LIVE - Sift Kaur wins gold with WR in shooting; India 6th with 5 gold, 22 medals in total
- Ukraine to boycott all UEFA competitions featuring Russian teams
- Asian Games 2023 LIVE, September 27 Updates: Anant wins silver in men’s skeet; Esha bags silver in 25m pistol; Sumit, Ankita bow out in tennis; India 5th with 22 medals