World No. 2 Novak Djokovic was sent crashing out of the ATP Mexico Open on Thursday after being upset in straight sets by sixth-seeded Nick Kyrgios in the first ever meeting between the two.
The top-seeded Djokovic, who was back in action this week for the first time since his shock second-round exit at the Australian Open in January, looked rusty in losing 7-6 (11/9), 7-5 in the quarterfinal of the hardcourt tournament.
The 21-year-old Kyrgios kept Djokovic off his game with an overpowering serve and precision groundstrokes as he blasted 25 aces and won 81 per cent of his first-serve points in the one hour, 47 minute match.
Kyrgios will meet big-serving American Sam Querrey for a place in the final.
Latest on Sportstar
- Nuggets vs Heat Live Score, Game 3: DEN 82-68 MIA; Denver leads as final quarter begins - NBA Finals updates
- When can Messi play his first match for Inter Miami?
- NBA Finals: Miami Heat vs Denver Nuggets, Game 2 Box Score
- Denver Nuggets vs Miami Heat LIVE Streaming Info: When and where to watch the NBA Finals Game 3?
- French Open 2023: Haddad Maia upsets Jabeur, reaches semifinals