Gael Monfils has withdrawn from the French Open due to a virus.
The world number 14 reached the semi-final at Roland Garros in 2008 and has been beaten at the quarter-final stage on three occasions since then. But Monfils, who lost to Milos Raonic in the last eight at the Australian Open in January, will not feature in Paris this time around due to illness, Roland Garros' official website confirmed.
The 29-year-old, seeded 16 for his home grand slam, was beaten by Rafael Nadal in the Monte Carlo Masters final last month and was also lost to Martin Klizan in the final of the Rotterdam Open.
Monfils' withdrawal comes a day after Roger Federer ruled himself out of the second grand slam of the year due to a back injury.
- IND vs AUS 2nd T20I Live Score, India vs Australia Updates: India aims to take 2-0 series lead
- Hardik Pandya not moving to Mumbai Indians, retained by Gujarat Titans ahead of IPL 2024 auction
- India vs Australia Live Streaming Info: When and where to watch IND vs AUS 2nd T20I Live? All you need to know
- India vs Australia 2nd T20I: IND vs AUS Predicted playing XI; Dream11 prediction
- IPL auction 2024 LIVE Updates: BREAKING - Hardik Pandya retained at Gujarat Titans; Full list of players retained, released on trade window deadline day