The Petroleum Sports Promotion Board (PSPB) cruised to a 3-1 win over Railways in the final of the Central Zone inter-State badminton championship at the Karnail Singh Stadium here on Tuesday.
Sikki Reddy and Pranaav Chopra put PSPB ahead by beating the duo of Chirag Sen and Kanika Kanwal, and the position was consolidated by Ajay Jayaram who prevailed 21-19, 21-18 against Shubhanker Dey.
Anura Prabhudesai was the only Railways shuttler to bag a win as she beating Sai Uttejitha Rao 21-8, 21-15.
Chirag Shetty and Arjun then won the doubles to clinch it for PSPB, which did not have to press the services of Ashwini Ponnappa and Sikki in the last women’s doubles.
Latest on Sportstar
- Champion Napoli ends season with 2-0 win over bottom side Sampdoria
- Benzema scores on farewell but Real held at home by Bilbao
- RMA 1-1 ATH; La Liga Highlights: Benzema goal helps Real Madrid secure draw against Athletic Bilbao
- Saudi Arabia’s Al Ittihad to sign Benzema on two-year deal - Saudi state media
- Karim Benzema scores in his final game for Real Madrid