Indian shuttler Kidambi Srikanth reclaimed his place in top-five following his semifinal finish at the Malaysia Open, while Saina Nehwal gained a spot to be number nine in the latest BWF rankings released on Thursday.
Srikanth, now ranked five, was placed seventh before the Malaysia Open, where he lost his last-four clash to the reigning Asian champion Kento Momota. Meanwhile, Rio Olympics silver medallist P.V. Sindhu remained unchanged at number three in the women’s singles.
H.S. Prannoy, who shocked Lin Dan at the Indonesian Open, dropped one spot to 14th, while Sameer Verma was ranked 20th, just ahead of B. Sai Praneeth.
Read: Asian Games: Indian badminton squad announced
Vaishnavi Reddy Jakka gained two places to be 53rd, while Sri Krishna Priya Kudaravalli slid to 78th. South Asian Games gold medallist Ruthvika Shivani Gadde jumped three spots to 90th.
In men’s doubles, Satwiksairaj Rankireddy and Chirag Shetty dropped two places to 21st, while Manu Attri and B. Sumeeth Reddy are now 28th.In women’s doubles, Ashwini Ponnappa and N. Sikki Reddy were static at number 26.
Latest on Sportstar
- Denver Nuggets vs Miami Heat LIVE Streaming Info: When and where to watch the NBA Finals Game 4?
- Swiatek vs Muchova, French Open 2023 Women’s Final: Preview, Head-to-head record, streaming info
- French Open 2023 HIGHLIGHTS: Djokovic beats Alcaraz, Ruud defeats Zverev to set up title clash
- French Open 2023: Ruud faces Djokovic for title after semifinal win over Zverev
- WTC Final 2023, IND vs AUS: Shardul optimistic about India’s chances; Starc lauds Rahane knock