Pramod Bhagat clinched two gold and a bronze while Sukant Kadam also bagged a gold in the Bahrain Para badminton international on Tuesday.
Pramod defeated countrymate Kumar Nitesh in the SL3 singles final 21-16, 21-17 in a match that lasted 30 minutes. Later, Pramod combined well with Sukant to down Nitesh Kumar and Tarun 24-22, 21-9 in the men’s doubles final. Pramod Bhagat and Manishaa Ramdass also secured a bronze medal in their mixed doubles match.
“I am happy with my performance in the tournament. I was playing well and was implementing everything I had trained and planned. In the doubles, Nitesh and Tarun pushed us and I am happy with the way we responded and finished the match,” Pramod said later.
“I am happy with my doubles performance in this tournament, though I cannot say the same about the singles games. I know things where I need to improve and will start work on the same, “ Sukant said.
In other results, India’s Thulasimathi Murugesan secured a silver in women’s singles SU5, Krishna Nagar also a silver in men’s singles SH6.
In the Mixed Doubles SU5, Chirag Baretha and Raj Kumar secured silver and in women’s doubles SL3- SU5 Manasi Joshi and Thulasimathi Murugesan secured silver.
In the men’s singles SL4 final, while in the DSH6 category, Rachana Patel and Nithya Sre settled for silver.
Latest on Sportstar
- Real Madrid vs Athletic Bilbao; La Liga LIVE: Kick-off in Benzema’s last game; Streaming Info; Lineups
- England spinner Jack Leach ruled out of Ashes 2023
- ISSF Junior World Cup: Gautami Bhanot, Abhinav Shaw win 10m air rifle mixed gold
- Gundogan is HIM: Man City midfielder stakes claim to be best signing of Guardiola era
- Indian sports news wrap, June 4