Carolina Marin won the European Championship beating Scotland's Kirsty Gilmour 21-10, 21-12 in Madrid on Saturday.
The 2016 Olympic Champion was unable to defend her title at the 2020 Tokyo Games because of injury, which involved a torn ACL (Anterior cruciate ligament) both menisci in her left knee.
On her return after 11 months, the Spaniard dominated both the games to finish the game with a convincing win, securing her six European title.
Marin had been brilliant throughout the tournament, winning all but one match in straight games, against Katerina Tomalova from Czech Republic, Maria Ulitina from Ukraine and Neslihan Yigit from Turkey.
Only in the quarterfinal against Line Hojmark Kjaersfeldt (Denmark), the match went to the last game. With the win, Marin extends her illustrous trophy cabinet that includes three World Championships and the 2016 Olympic Gold medal.
- With their Olympic dreams shattered, Indian compound archers look to make peace with reality
- I-League players approached for match manipulation: AIFF
- Allyson Felix, Inbee Park among 32 athlete candidates at Paris Olympics in IOC membership vote
- Arthur Fils and Hamad Medjedovic maintain winning starts at Next Gen Finals
- British Gymnastics bans coaches from weighing young athletes