The Indian men’s badminton team on Friday confirmed a medal finish, beating Nepal 3-0 in the quarterfinal at the ongoing Asian Games in Hangzhou.
The team had last won a medal—bronze—at the continental event in Seoul 1986, when Syed Modi and Prakash Padukone were still a part of the team.
Lakshya Sen played the first match of the quarters against Prince Dahal, beating the latter 21-5, 21-8, in straight games.
In the second fixture, Kidambi Srikanth, having taken out Sunil Joshi 21-4 in Game 1, seemed to have lost the plot a bit in the second game but quickly recovered to finish 21-13.
The final encounter saw Mithun Manjunath romp home in 25 minutes, thrashing Bishnu Katuwal 21-2, 21-7.
India will play the winner of the quarterfinal fixture between Indonesia and Korea.
- Vijay Hazare Trophy 2023 LIVE Score, Round 4: Padikkal powers Karnataka to 7 wicket win over Bihar ; TN, Mumbai, Saurashtra, Bengal win
- Indian sports news wrap, November 29
- Champions League 2023: Early qualification delights Atletico coach Simeone
- BCCI extends contract of India head coach Rahul Dravid and support staff
- NBA roundup: Kings stun Warriors, advance in tournament