Top Indian shuttler P V Sindhu stormed into the semifinals of the Indonesia Open after beating Japan’s Nozomi Okuhara in straight games in the women’s singles event here on Friday.
Olympic silver medallist Sindhu, seeded fifth, hardly had to break a sweat as she posted a comfortable 21-14 21-7 win over the third seeded Japanese shuttler in just 44 minutes.
The Indian will face second seeded Chen Yu Fei of China in the last-four clash of the BWF World Tour Super 1000 tournament.
Sindhu, also a multiple-time World Championship medallist, dominated the proceedings from the start to finish. She took little time to get into the groove and once she broke away from tied 6-6, there was no looking back for the shuttler from Hyderabad.
Sindhu reeled off four consecutive points to move ahead 10-6 and although Okuhara managed to earn a couple of points, the Indian went into the break at 11-8.
After the interval, Sindhu simply tightened the noose and kept widening the gap to take the first game 21-14.
The second game turned out to be a one-sided affair as Sindhu ran away with the game with hardly any resistance from the higher seeded opponent.
- Asian Games 2023: Full golf schedule, dates, time, venues
- Table Tennis LIVE Score, Asian Games 2023: India Men’s Doubles R-64, Manav Thakkar and Manush Shah win two games
- India golf squad for Asian Games 2023: Full teams for men and women
- Asian Games 2023, September 27 Live Updates from Hangzhou 2022: Esha Singh bags silver in 25m pistol, Samra wins 50m rifle 3p gold with new WR; Shiva Thapa loses
- IND vs AUS live score 3rd ODI: Marsh, Warner attack early after Australia opts to bat vs India