Indian junior shuttlers returned with six medals including three gold, a silver and two bronze at the Bulgarian Junior International Championships.
Samiya Imad Faruqui defeated second seed Anastasiia Shapovalova of Russia 9-21, 21-12, 22-20 in the finals to win the gold medal in the women’s single’s category.
Mixed doubles pair of Edvin Joy and Shruti Mishra also won the gold after defeating No 2 seeded British pair of Brandon Zhi Hao and Abbygael Harris 21-14, 21-17 in the summit clash.
In women’s doubles, Indian pair of Tanisha Crasto and Aditi Bhatt also continued their fine run to pick a gold, beating top seed Bengisu Ercetin and Zehra Erdfm from Turkey 21-15, 18-21, 21-18 in the finals.
Men’s doubles combination of Ishan Bhatnagar and Vishnuvardhan went down in the finals to top seeded British pair of William Jones and Brandon Zhi Hao 19-21, 18-21 to settle for silver medal.
In other singles events, Malvika Bansod lost 13-21, 15-21 to No 2 seeded Anastasiia Shapovalova in the semifinals to settle for a bronze medal, while Meiraba Luwang suffered a 19-21, 21-12, 18-21 loss to Georgii Karpov of Russia to also settled for a bronze.
- Al Ettifaq vs Al Nassr, LIVE: Saudi Pro League - Ronaldo and team set for season opener; live streaming info; line-up info
- Stokes set to come out of retirement to play World Cup, could skip IPL: Reports
- VIDEO: It’s a fabulous move for him, says Lineker on Bellingham signing for Real Madrid
- FIDE World Cup: Vidit stuns Nepomniachtchi, joins Gukesh, Arjun and Praggnanandhaa in quarterfinals; Harika exits
- Indian sports news wrap, August 14