Indian men’s singles shuttler Priyanshu Rajawat clinched his first-ever tour title, beating Magnus Johannesen of Denmark in the final of the Orleans Masters 2023 in France on Sunday.
Twenty-one-year-old Priyanshu got the better of the Dane 21-15, 19-21, 21-16 in a thrilling men’s singles final that lasted an hour and eight minutes.
This is the first BWF Super 300 title for Rajawat who was also the youngest team member of the Indian badminton team that won the historic 2022 Thomas Cup in Bangkok, last year.
Priyanshu started the final in a dominating fashion without providing any opportunity for a comeback to Magnus in the first game. The Indian shuttler was leading 11-8 at the halfway stage of the opening game and encashed upon the lead to take the first game.
The second game started off close with Magnus maintaining the lead, despite Priyanshu making a strong comeback (17-17) lost the second game only to win the third game, match and title.
“I am very happy. This is a really big moment for me, winning Orleans Masters, my first-ever BWF World Tour Super 300 title. Also, I would like to thank everyone back home for supporting me,” said the World No. 58 after the remarkable victory.
Priyanshu so far have four BWF International Challenge/Series titles to his name while finishing as a runner-up in the 2022 Odisha Open, a BWF Super 100 competition.
- Pakistan vs Bangladesh LIVE Score, Asia Cup 2023 Super 4: Pakistan looks to end home leg with a win; Live Streaming info
- Asian Games 2023 Quiz - Set 3
- Bhavani Devi talks fencing, finances and fitness as she eyes Paris 2024 Olympics qualification
- IOA replaces all four deputy chefs de mission nominated by previous regime
- Sreenidi Deccan FC releases 16 players ahead of new campaign