Thanks for tuning into Sportstar’s HIGHLIGHTS from the French Open men’s doubles final between Satwiksairaj Rankireddy / Chirag Shetty and Lu Ching Yao/ Yang Po Han, being played in Paris, France, on Sunday.
Summary- The Indian men’s doubles pairing of Satwiksairaj Rankireddy and Chirag Shetty defeated Chinese Taipei’s Lu Ching Yao and Yang Po Han 21-13, 21-19 to win the French Open. This is their 11th title. The first game was a one sided affair as the higher ranked Indian pair dominated the court, making it difficult for the two Chinese Taipei players to catch up. However, the second game saw Yang and Lu come up and force Rankireddy and Shetty to make mistakes. However, it was their experience to that came in handy at crucial moments as these.They became the first Indian men’s doubles pair to win the French Open title.
- 21-19 AND ITS OVER, THE INDIAN DUO CLAIM THEIR FRENCH OPEN TITLE !
- 20-19 AND ITS MATCH POINT FOR THE INDIANS!
- 19-19 Yang misses one chance to level things up.
- 17-19 Chinese Taipei are finally finding their rhythm as they take a two point advantage.
- 15-15 Rankireddy seems to have found his smash back, but just as I type it Yang smashes one leaving the Indian hapless.
- 14-13 Indians making errors one after the other as the point gap reduces.
- 14-11 Yang almost crashes into the side after receiving as the Indians have a three point lead.
- 12-10 Yang hits one to the corner, a space open.
- 11-8 The Chinese Taipei players are catching up with three consecutive points.
- 11-5 Indians have a six point lead at the second mid-game interval.
- 8-4 After a brilliant fast paced rally, the Indians take a two point lead.
- 6-4 Rankireddy yet again makes a service error and serves it too high.
- 5-3 Rankireddy smashes to Lu near his feet making it hard for the receive.
- 4-3 Shetty’s smash on Yang’s body proves to be difficult.
- 3-2 Chirag Shetty smashes into Lu and India take the lead.
- 2-2 This time its an out from the Indians
- 2-1 Chinese Taipei sent one out. Make it two.
- Indian coach Mathias Boe is seen advising the players
- 21-13 Indians win the first game.
- 20-13 Fast smashes ensure the Indians get game point without much sweat.
- 19-12 Chirag missed out on making his shot count as he doesn’t manage to escape.
- 17-9 Chirag makes a wonderful call of leaving the shuttle as it lands outside the backline.
- 15-8 Lu is unable to retaliate as both the Indian’s continuously smash at him.
- 13-6 Ranireddy’s smash at Yang’s feet makes it difficult to return.
- 12-6 Yang’s net shot get the Indians a point and the lead stays at six points.
- 11-5 Indians get the advantage at the mid-game interval
- 9-4 Yang Po Han constantly aims for Chirag and mages to get one out of the Indian!
- 8-2 Both team make rookie service errors as the Indians serve too high and the Chinese Taipei too short.
- 7-1 Rankireddy’s smash leads to a six point lead for the Indians
- 5-1 Chirag hits one onto the net and the Chinese Taipei finally gets a point.
- 4-0 And the Indians dominate proceedings!
- 2-0 India gets first blood. Scratch that and make it two point lead.
- Chinese Taipei to serve
- The two teams practice with eachother!
Chinese Taipei wins the toss and select side.
Next come the Indian duo of Satwiksairaj Rankireddy and Chirag Shetty!
He Bing Jiao prevails against Carolina Marin 16-21, 21-9, 22-20 to win the French Open women’s singles title
Before Satwik-Chirag’s match, Spain’s Carolina Marin and He Bing Jiao of China play in the women’s singles final!
A 50 shot rally leads to Carolina restoring parity. 18-18
Marin trails yet again 7-11 to the Chinese.
Bing Jiao takes the second game 21-9.
Marin has won the first game 21-16 and trails in the second game 8-13 after winning considerable number of points in an effort to equalise the gap.
Commonwealth Games champion Satwiksairaj Rankireddy and Chirag Shetty progressed to the men’s doubles final of the French Open Super 750 badminton tournament with a commanding straight-games win over Korean pair of Choi Sol Gyu and Kim Won Ho in Paris on Saturday.
The world number 8 Indian pair dished out an attacking game and also controlled the net well to outwit the Korean combination, ranked 18th, 21-18, 21-14 in the semifinals that lasted 45 minutes.
The Indian pair, seeded seventh, thus reached its second final of a BWF world tour event in 2022, having won the India Open Super 500 tournament in January earlier this year.
Satwik and Chirag, who had won a bronze medal at the World Championships in August, will play Chinese Taipei’s Lu Ching Yao and Yang Po Han in the final.
Satwik and Chirag finished as runner-up at the 2019 edition of the tounament.
When and where to watch the French Open men’s doubles final between Indian pair Satwiksairaj Rankireddy-Chirag Shetty and Chinese Taipei’s duo of Lu Ching Yao and Yang Po Han?
- Axar Patel to Naseem Shah - Full list of injured players ahead of ODI World Cup 2023
- VIDEO: Xavi Hernandez ‘saddened’ by Spain’s women’s team saga
- ICC should protect cricket: Former SL captain Arjuna Ranatunga
- Jhingan, Gurpreet part of Sports Ministry’s updated Indian Football team for Asian Games
- Davis Cup 2023: Bopanna in focus as India takes on Morocco