P. V. Sindhu will be lining up against Japan's Akane Yamaguchi in the summit clash of the Dubai Super Series Finals on Sunday. The Indian World No. 3 reached the final of the year ending championships with a 21-15, 21-18 win over China's Yufei Chen .
The 22-year-old became the second Indian after Saina Nehwal in 2011 to reach the final in the annual Super Series tournament.
The Indian ace is undefeated in the tournament and has already got the better of her Sunday's opponent in their group stage meeting when she won 21-9, 21-13 . Sindhu, standing at 5 ft 9 inches, used her height to her advantage over the diminutive Japanese in a match which lasted only 36 minutes.
Overall, Sindhu has a 5-2 advantage from her face-offs with Yamaguchi.
Meanwhile, the World No. 2 Yamaguchi got the better of Thailand's Ratchanok Intanon 17-21, 21-12, 21-19 in the other semifinal.
HEAD TO HEAD RECORD
Latest on Sportstar
- FA Cup Final: Man City beats Manchester United to move closer to historic treble
- FA Cup hero Gundogan mum on future with Manchester City
- French Open 2023, June 4 schedule: Djokovic, Alcaraz and Sabalenka in fourth-round action
- Man City on track for historic treble with FA Cup triumph over Man United - In photos
- PSG 2-3 Clermont Foot highlights; Ligue 1: Paris Saint-Germain title celebrations dampened with loss; Messi, Ramos say goodbye