BWF World Tour Finals: Sindhu qualifies for knockouts
India's P. V. Sindhu progressed to the knockout stage of the BWF World Tour Finals with a straight-game win over Germany's Yvonne Li.
Published : Dec 02, 2021 15:45 IST
India's P. V. Sindhu progressed to the knockout stage of the BWF World Tour Finals with a straight-game win over Germany's Yvonne Li in her second group A match in Bali on Thursday.
RELATED - Srikanth, Ponappa-Reddy suffer defeats
The 26-year-old Sindhu, the only Indian to win the prestigious title in 2018 and a finalist a year before, outplayed World No. 23 Li 21-10, 21-13 in 31 minutes.
The reigning world champion will square off against top seed Pornpawee Chochuwong of Thailand next in her last group match.
Latest on Sportstar
- WTC Final LIVE Score, IND vs AUS Day 1: Australia 26/1 (11 overs); Warner, Labuschagne lead recovery vs Shami, Siraj
- Padel should be a big hit in days to come: P Gopichand
- Asian U20 Athletics Championship: Laxita clinches women’s 1500m gold; Mehdi bags men’s 1500m bronze
- Three times the cheer: How Gokulam Kerala made Indian Women’s League its own
- Di Maria quits Juventus after one season