India's Kidambi Srikanth trumped Hong Kong's WONG Wing Ki Vincent 21-19, 21-17 to advance to the quarterfinals of the French Open Super Series.
In a match that lasted 37 minutes, the World No. 4 cruised to victory in the first game before Wing Ki Vincent came from behind to make life difficult for the Denmark champion. However, the 24-year-old held fort to win the second game and the match.
Praneeth bows out
Meanwhile, Sai Praneeth lost to Japan's Kenta Nishimoto 13-21, 17-21 in a match that lasted a little over 40 minutes. The World No. 15 lost the first game against his lower-ranked Japanese opponent before staging a comeback in the second game, only to take his foot off the pedal again as Nishimoto; riding on 10 consecutive points to Praneeth's four, finished things off in style.
- IND vs AUS live score 3rd ODI: Bumrah strikes twice in Australia’s pursuit of 380-plus score
- Table Tennis LIVE Score, Asian Games 2023: Sathiyan, Manika qualify for R-16; Sreeja, Harmeet in action
- Asian Games 2023: Overall medals tally, September 27 - LIVE - Sift Kaur wins gold with WR in shooting; India 6th with 5 gold, 22 medals in total
- Ukraine to boycott all UEFA competitions featuring Russian teams
- Asian Games 2023 LIVE, September 27 Updates: Anant wins silver in men’s skeet; Esha bags silver in 25m pistol; Sumit, Ankita bow out in tennis; India 5th with 22 medals