The Indian men's badminton team began its Thomas Cup campaign in an emphatic manner, thrashing Germany 5-0 here on Sunday.
World Championships bronze medallist Lakshya Sen started proceedings with an easy 21-16 21-13 win over world no 64 Max Weisskirchen.
The doubles pair of Satwiksairaj Rankireddy and Chirag Shetty had to dig deep as they were stretched to a three gamer by Jones Ralfy Jansen and Marvin Seidel.
But the Indians managed to prevail 21-15 10-21 21-13 in the match lasting close to an hour.
World no 11 Kidambi Srikanth then eked out a 18-21 21-9 21-11 win over Kai Schafer after a sluggish start to give India an unassailable 3-0 lead in the Group C tie.
MR Arjun and Dhruv Kapila handed Bjarne Geiss and Jan Colin Voelker a 25-23 21-15 defeat in the second men's doubles tie as Indian continued its dominant display.
HS Prannoy, ranked 23rd in the world, then hardly broke a sweat as he completed a 5-0 whitewash of Germany, with a 21-9 21-9 win over Matthias Kicklitz.
It was a perfect start for the Indian men's team, which is searching for its maiden medal at the tournament.
No Indian men's team has ever reached the semifinals of the Thomas Cup.
Last year, the men's team had signed off its campaign at the quarterfinal stage.
Later in the day, the Indian women's team will open its campaign against Canada in Group D.
- Asian Games 2023: Ramita wins bronze in women’s 10m air rifle
- IND 12-0 UZB LIVE Score, Asian Games 2023: India leads 12-0 vs Uzbekistan after third quarter
- India vs Thailand Table Tennis Live Score Asian Games 2023: IND 2-1 THA; Sutirtha wins 3-2, Sharath loses in IND vs KAZ - Hangzhou 2022 updates
- India vs Myanmar LIVE streaming, Asian Games 2023: When and where to watch Indian football match?
- Shooting at Asian Games 2023, Hangzhou 2022 HIGHLIGHTS: Ramita wins 10m air rifle bronze, India women win silver in AR team