Kevin Durant was fined $50,000 by the NBA on Friday for his offensive and derogatory language in social media messages to actor Michael Rapaport.
Rapaport released images of the private messages Tuesday on his Twitter account, and they included homophobic and misogynistic language from the Brooklyn Nets star.
READ| WNBA commissioner hopes to have limited fans at start of new season
Durant apologised Thursday, saying: “I’m sorry that people seen the language that I used. That’s not really what I want people to see and hear from me, but hopefully I can move past it and get back out on the floor.”
He is hoping to return soon from a strained left hamstring.
Latest on Sportstar
- BCCI president Binny distances himself from 83’ World Cup-winning team’s statement on wrestlers’ protest
- Diamond League: Aboobacker finishes sixth in men’s triple jump
- Suns hire veteran coach Frank Vogel to lead franchise - Reports
- Khelo India University Games: Guru Nanak Dev narrows gap at top with Panjab on day 11
- Formula 1: Verstappen tops both Spanish GP practice sessions