New York Knicks is expected to be without leading scorer Julius Randle on Sunday afternoon for Game 1 of its Eastern Conference semifinal series against the visiting Miami Heat.
The All-Star forward aggravated a left ankle injury late in the first half of New York’s clinching Game 5 win against Cleveland Cavaliers on Wednesday night. He left the game and later returned to the bench in street clothes.
Randle missed the last five games of the regular season with the injury but returned to average 14.4 points, 6.4 rebounds and 3.0 assists in five games against the Cavaliers.
Randle, 28, averaged a career-high 25.1 points per game to go with 10.0 rebounds and 4.1 assists over 77 games (all starts) in 2022-23, his fourth season with the Knicks and ninth in the league. He was named an All-Star for the second time, the first coming in 2020-21 in his breakout season for New York.
Game 2 of the series is scheduled for Tuesday night, also at Madison Square Garden.
- India vs China Badminton LIVE Score, Asian Games 2023: IND men’s team eye gold vs CHN; Prannoy to miss final; Hangzhou updates
- Asian Games 2023 LIVE Updates, October 1: Men’s trap shooting team wins gold; IND 0-1 KOR in women’s hockey; Chenai wins trap bronze - Hangzhou 2022 Scores
- Asian Games 2023: Kynan Darius Chenai clinches bronze in Men’s trap final
- Asian Games 2023: Overall medals tally LIVE , October 1 - Men’s shooting trap team bags gold; Aditi Ashok wins silver, India 4th with 11 gold, 42 medals
- India vs Korea women’s hockey LIVE Updates, Asian Games 2023: KOR scores as IND trails 1-0 after first-half