Kyrie Irving has reached out to LeBron James to gauge the latter’s interest in coming to Dallas, The Athletic reported Monday.
Irving played 20 games for the Mavericks after a midseason trade from Brooklyn and is currently a free agent.
James has two years and 97 million USD remaining on his contract but the second year is voidable. James, who reportedly played the last few months with a torn tendon in his foot, said he has “a lot to think about” about his future.
“Just for me personally going forward with the game of basketball, I’ve got a lot to think about,” James said after the Lakers were swept by the Denver Nuggets in the Western Conference finals.
James, 38, reportedly needs surgery on his foot this summer.
Irving and James won an NBA title together with the Cleveland Cavaliers in 2016.
Irving, 31, just finished off the final year of a four-year, 136.5 million USD deal he signed with Brooklyn in July 2019, which included a player option for the 2022-23 season.
- Sri Lanka vs Afghanistan Dream11 Prediction, Asia Cup 2023: SL vs AFG Predicted 11, fantasy team updates, squads
- Argentina starts favourite as South American World Cup qualifying kicks off
- India World Cup 2023 Squad Announcement Live Updates: Will Sanju Samson get picked?
- Sri Lanka vs Afghanistan LIVE Streaming info, Asia Cup 2023: When and where to watch SL vs AFG match today?
- VIDEO - Vikram Rathour on Ishan vs Rahul selection conundrum: It’s a good problem to have