Milwaukee Bucks forward Giannis Antetokounmpo has been handed a one-game suspension for headbutting Washington Wizards center Moe Wagner during a game on Tuesday, the NBA said.
Reigning MVP Antetokounmpo was ejected in the second quarter of the Bucks' 126-113 win over the Wizards after he knocked his head into Wagner's temple. Neither player was injured.
The incident occurred as a visibly frustrated Antetokounmpo approached Wagner near the Milwaukee hoop, moments after he was called for a charging foul.
The 25-year-old four-time NBA All-Star will miss the Bucks' game against the Memphis Grizzlies on Thursday.
The NBA resumed its season last month in a fanless, quarantined setting at Walt Disney World in Orlando, Florida, after the new coronavirus outbreak had put the sport on hold.
- WPL 2024: Fatima Jaffer, the fascinating story of a rare ambidextrous bowler
- WPL 2024: Defending champion Mumbai Indians clashes against Delhi Capitals in tournament opener
- Qatar Open: Czech teenager Mensik stuns top seed Rublev to reach maiden ATP semifinal
- PVL 2024: Ahmedabad Defenders and Chennai Blitz continue winning form with consecutive victories
- Dubai Championships 2024: Swiatek takes out Zheng, Cirstea saves six match points in quarterfinal win over Vondrousova