The Lakers could have had DeMarcus Cousins on a deal similar to the one-year, $5.3 million deal he signed with the Warriors, according to the New York Times. However, the team decided to pass.
Apparently, the Pelicans had an offer on the table before the year was over to Cousins. That deal was in the two-year, $40 million range. Cousins reportedly turned down that offer and when the season ended New Orleans took it off the table.
Cousins now will look to recover from his Achilles' injury and get back to contribute to yet another Warriors NBA title run.
What remains to be seen is the type of player Cousins will be when he returns.
Cousins told the Undefeated he expects to be back for training camp, contradicting previous reports he will be back sometime around December or January.
Latest on Sportstar
- India vs Mongolia LIVE updates; Intercontinental Cup: Streaming info; When, where to watch; Kick-off at 7:30 PM
- WTC Final LIVE Score, IND vs AUS Day 3: India 272/8 (66 overs); Cummins gets Umesh, Rahane after Lunch; India avoids follow-on
- WTC Final: India avoids follow-on against Australia by crossing 270-run mark
- Djokovic vs Alcaraz Live Score, French Open 2023: Generational battle in Roland-Garros semifinals
- India vs Mongolia, Intercontinental Cup LIVE streaming info: When and where to watch?