The NBA slapped reigning Defensive Player of the Year Marcus Smart on Monday with a $25,000 fine for an on-court altercation.
The Boston Celtics player was ejected from a game on Saturday when he got into a tussle with Atlanta Hawks All-Star guard Trae Young. The league said in a news release that Smart initiated the altercation and pulled “Atlanta Hawks guard Trae Young to the floor.”
Both players were handed a technical foul and ejected for the incident, which took place in the fourth quarter of the Celtics’ 134-125 victory in Atlanta.
Point guard Smart was instrumental in the Celtics’ run to the NBA Finals last season and is averaging 11.4 points and 6.5 assists in 51 games this season.
- Full list of highest T20I totals successfully chased against India: Australia sets new record in Guwahati
- IND vs AUS: Deepak Chahar added to India’s squad for T20I series against Australia
- PCB waives off 50 per cent match fee fine imposed on Azam Khan for displaying Palestine flag
- IND vs AUS: Maxwell concedes 30 runs off last over as India scores mammoth 222 against Australia in 3rd T20I
- Ruturaj Gaikwad smashes maiden international century; becomes first Indian to score T20I hundred against Australia