Luka Doncic ended his summer schedule with a win.
Doncic, the Dallas Mavericks star, finished with 29 points, 10 rebounds and eight assists as Slovenia topped Italy 89-85 on Saturday in the seventh-place game at the FIBA Basketball World Cup.
Mike Tobey scored 12 points and Zoran Dragic added 10 for Slovenia (5-3).
Marco Spissu scored 22 points for Italy, which dropped its last three games in the tournament. Simone Fontecchio scored 16 and Achille Polonara added 13 for Italy.
It was the final game before retirement for Italian veteran and former NBA player Gigi Datome. Italy’s captain had one point in 10 minutes on Saturday.
- NZ vs PAK Live Score, World Cup 2023: New Zealand, Pakistan face off in must-win match in Bengaluru
- La Liga: Surprise end to Atletico’s six-game winning streak with 2-1 defeat at Las Palmas
- Ligue 1: PSG moves top with 3-0 win over Montpellier
- How can Pakistan qualify for the semifinal of ICC World Cup 2023?
- Red Bull’s Verstappen to start Brazilian Grand Prix in the pole position