The International Boxing Association (IBA) has given a clean chit to Indian-born Nepal boxer Anjani Teli, saying she is eligible to represent Nepal at the World women’s boxing championships here.
“New Delhi-born boxer Anjani Teli has never acquired an Indian passport, nor competed internationally representing India. Hence, it doesn’t violate any articles of the IBA Technical and Competition Rules in this particular case,” said IBA in a statement.
“Eight years ago she received Nepali citizenship, as her parents are originally from the country, therefore, she is fully eligible to represent Nepal at the IBA Women’s World Boxing Championships in New Delhi.”
The Boxing Federation of India (BFI) confirmed that “the said boxer’s name is Hemlata Gupta” from Delhi, and she competed in the National championships in 2021. The BFI is contemplating its future course of action over the issue.
- SA vs AFG head-to-head record in ODIs: South Africa vs Afghanistan overall stats ahead of ICC World Cup 2023 match
- South Africa vs Afghanistan Dream 11 prediction, ICC World Cup 2023: SA v AFG predicted XI, fantasy team, squads
- South Africa vs Afghanistan LIVE streaming info, ICC World Cup 2023: When and where to watch SA v AFG CWC match today?
- Indian Super League 2023-24 Quiz — Set 1
- Dinesh Karthik to lead Tamil Nadu in Vijay Hazare Trophy 2023-24