Gaurav Chauhan (91kg) was the lone Indian boxer to enter the final of the President’s Cup in Astana, Kazakhstan on Friday. Gaurav defeated Kazakhstan’s Vasiliy Levit in his semifinal bout.
Lovlina Boroghain (75kg) settled for a bronze medal at the event after losing in the semifinals. Lovlina lost to Kazakhstan’s Shakimova.
Earlier, Nation’s Cup gold medallist Neeraj (51kg) lost in the quarterfinals to Kazakh Shekerebekova.
The tournament features both men’s and women’s competition with close to 150 boxers vying for the top honours.
Latest on Sportstar
- ‘I will continue’: Ronaldo says he’ll stay in Saudi
- India wins Junior Asia Cup, beats Pakistan 2-1
- Champions League final referee under UEFA scrutiny for links to far-right leader in Poland
- Swiatek defeats Liu, reaches French Open third round
- India 2-1 Pakistan Highlights, Junior Asia Cup Final: India defends Asian crown with thrilling win