Former heavyweight world champion, Mike Tyson, will be here, in India for the first-time on September 29 to promote Kumite 1 League -- the first global team mixed martial arts league.
Supported by the All India Mixed Martial Arts Federation, the league is a first when an MMA competition will be contested by teams representing their countries, with India going against UAE in the first-round bout.
The league will also have live scoring.
“I am thrilled to host world boxing legend, Mike Tyson in India for Kumite 1 League. For the first time in the history of MMA, we are launching a combat sports league in a team format,” Kumite 1 League founder, Mohamedali Budhwani, said.
“We believe there is a lot of potential for mixed martial arts to flourish as a mainstream sport in India. With the support from MMA federations across the globe, we will be going to the grassroots and scout for the best talent.”
Tyson said, “This is my first visit to India and I am happy to be associated with Kumite 1 League. When Mohamedali reached out to me for the first time and discussed his vision for the league, I was convinced that this is something that has great potential.”
- BCCI extends contract of India head coach Rahul Dravid and support staff
- Vijay Hazare Trophy 2023 LIVE Score, Round 4: Natarajan picks four wickets for TN vs Baroda; Mumbai beats Pondicherry
- NBA roundup: Kings stun Warriors, advance in tournament
- India to tour Sri Lanka in July-August, 2024 for six-match white-ball series
- IND vs AUS, 3rd T20I: With so much dew even 14 runs per over would have been chased, says Gaikwad defending Prasidh and co.