Rarely, a field of 148-players finds a sole leader in three rounds. Arjun Erigaisi achieved this rare distinction with a third straight victory in the Abu Dhabi Masters chess after facing Croatia’s Aleksandar Indijic in Abu Dhabi late on Thursday.
Among the 26 players sharing the second spot at 2.5 points was young Raunak Sadhwani who held second seeded Russian Evegeny Tomashevsky.
Nihal Sarin, Aryan Chopra, S. P. Sethuraman, M. Karthikeyan and Harsha Bharathakoti were among the 11 Indians in this second score-group
Leading results (Indians unless stated):
- Djokovic: 'I take responsibility' for Serbia defeat
- IPL 2024 Retention Day Live Updates: Full list of retained, released, traded players; KL Rahul stays at LSG; will Hardik Pandya return to Mumbai Indians?
- China Masters 2023 final LIVE Score: Satwik-Chirag wins second game 21-18 to take match in final game vs World no. 1 Liang-Chang
- La Liga: Griezmann to the rescue as Atletico grab win against Mallorca
- Which players can make it to the India squad for AFC Asian Cup 2023?