Vidit Gujrathi suffered a setback to his chances of making the knockout stage from Group B after losing to Richard Rapport in the third round of the FIDE Grand Prix chess tournament in Belgrade on Thursday.
In Group C, P. Harikrishna’s search for victory continued after drawing with leader Anish Giri. Three more rounds remain in the league.
- Shraddha stuns Nilaya in U-16 Nationals -
Maharashtra’s Shraddha Bajaj stunned third seed Nilaya Bhillva (Andhra) in the first round of the girls' section of National under-16 chess championship at the Indira Gandhi Stadium here on Friday.
In the open section, Tamil Nadu’s Keshav Padmanabhan held seventh seed Mohammad Imran (Andhra) while all other leading seeds emerged victorious.
In this nine-round competition, there are 180 entries in the open section and 113 in the girls’ category.
- World Team Table Tennis Championships: India women beat Spain, advance to Round of 32
- 8-year-old Indian-origin boy Ashwath Kaushik becomes youngest to beat a GM, beats Jacek Stopa of Poland
- Indian sports wrap, February 20
- Ranji Trophy 2023-24: Batting collapses and inconsistent bowling show Kerala the exit door again
- NZ vs AUS: Underdog New Zealand vows to fight in T20I series with Australia