Anna Ushenina of Ukraine won the first Grand Prix leg of the FIDE Women’s Chess.com Speed Chess on Sunday. In the final, she scored a comfortable 7-4 win over Russia’s Valentina Gunina.
Earlier, R. Vaishali finished fourth, after losing 4-7 to Alexandra Kosteniuk of Russia in the play-off match.
The second Grand Prix leg will begin on July 1. Vaishali will be playing in it along with fellow-Indian Dronavalli Harika.
The other Indian in the fray, Koneru Humpy, will not, but return for the third leg. There are four legs in all, with each of the 22 women getting to play in three of them.
The two players who end up with highest Grand Prix points will play a super final on July 20.
- Indian sports news wrap, November 28
- IND vs AUS 3rd T20I Dream11 Prediction: India vs Australia predicted playing XI, line-ups, full squads
- AFC Asian Cup 2023: India, Qatar, Saudi Arabia lead ticket sales after release of second batch
- PCB waives off 50 per cent match fee fine imposed on Azam for displaying Palestine flag
- IND vs AUS Live Streaming Info, 3rd T20I: When and where to watch India vs Australia T20 series live?