Viswanathan Anand was in the joint second position after the 12th round of the World rapid chess championship in Riyadh on Thursday. With three rounds remaining, he was one of the four players on 8.5 points, half-a-point behind the leader Magnus Carlsen of Norway.
Pendyala Harikrishna was the best-placed among the other Indians, with 7.5 points. B. Adhiban was on seven points, Vidit Gujrathi and Surya Sekhar Ganguly on six and S.P Sethuraman on five.
In the women’s event, Dronavalli Harika was in the second position with 8.5 points. China’s Ju Wenjun, who was held to a draw by Harika, was in the sole lead position with 9.5 points. Padmini Rout had 7.5 points, while S. Vijayalakshmi and Eesha Karvade had seven apiece.
- RCB-W vs DC-W Live Score Updates, Live Streaming Info: Smriti, Devine give RCB rousing start in chase of 195
- Al Nassr vs Al Hazem LIVE score Saudi Pro League: NAS v HAZ; Ronaldo suspended, preview, updates
- Odisha FC vs East Bengal highlights, OFC 2-1 EBFC, ISL 2023-24: Princeton, Mauricio goals guide Juggernauts to narrow win
- Double Paralympics gold winner Devendra Jhajharia set to be elected unopposed as PCI president
- Santosh Trophy 2023-24: Manipur seals quarterfinal spot; Railways stuns defending champion Karnataka