The discus throw has been a highly rewarding event for India at the Commonwealth Games, giving the country two of the three individual gold medals won at the Games so far, through Krishna Poonia and Vikas Gowda. India has won eight medals in discus throw in the last four editions.
RELATED: 1) Shooting - Looking to better Glasgow performance
Medal prospects: If the athletes live up to the early season promise, Gold Coast could turn out to be India’s best-ever Commonwealth Games outside home (India had won 12 medals, including two gold, at the 2010 New Delhi Commonwealth Games).
Neeraj Chopra (men’s javelin), Tejaswin Shankar (men’s high jump), Seema Punia (women’s discus), V. Neena and Nayana James (women’s long jump) are all capable of finishing among the medals.
- Vijay Hazare Trophy LIVE Score, Round 6: MP 143/6 vs TN; Mumbai in trouble vs Tripura; Haryana beats Karnataka
- WI vs ENG Dream11 Prediction, 1st ODI: West Indies vs England predicted XI, fantasy tips, squads
- WI vs ENG Live Streaming Info, 1st ODI: When and where to watch England tour of West Indies 2023-24?
- NBA roundup: Clippers stuns Warriors after trailing by 22
- Vijay Hazare Trophy 2023: Punjab thrashes Nagaland to record biggest win in Indian List A cricket