Diving will be one of 26 events at the Commonwealth Games 2022 in Birmingham. It was a part of CWG since the beginning in 1930, and has featured at every event since then.
Rules, format, venue
Jump from the diving board, twist, tuck, pike, and minimize the splash while entering the water will be in sight at the Sandwell Aquatics Centre from August 4 to 8.
Be it the 1m/3m springboard or 10m platform the divers will have to demonstrate control and precision to score the maximum points.
The scores depend on the dive’s difficulty and the discretion of the judges, who will score each dive based on the starting position, take-off, flight and entry into the water. In the case of synchronized events, the duo’s coordination will also be considered for the scores.
For the first time ever at the Commonwealth Games, there will also be mixed synchronised diving in the 3m springboard and 10m platform category.
There are ten participating CGF nations taking part in diving- namely Australia, Canada, England, Jamaica, Malaysia, Northern Ireland, New Zealand, Scotland, Sri Lanka and Wales.
- East Bengal vs NorthEast United, Live score, Durand Cup 2023 semifinal: Preview, Live streaming info, Lineups
- KL Rahul to miss Pakistan and Nepal Asia Cup 2023 matches: Dravid
- Mandhana to skip WBBL for second year in row
- U.S. Open: Wozniacki downs Prozorova to make winning return
- India announces 23-member squad for 49th King’s Cup