India’s no.2 squash player Ramit Tandon gave a walkover to his Commonwealth Games 2022 men’s singles first-round opponent Christopher Binnie of Jamaica on Saturday. Ramit could have won, given his 9/16 seeding.
Ramit had to pull out due to a back strain for precautionary reasons, Squash Rackets Federation of India secretary general Cyrus Poncha said. With the doubles events starting next week, India will hope Ramit recovers in time.
The current world number 36 is to play in the men’s doubles with Harinder Pal Sandhu and in the mixed doubles alongside Joshna Chinappa. If Ramit is not match-fit in time it would mean India play with just one team in the these two events.
- World Cup 2023: Williamson believes in striking balance between ODI and T20 formats
- IND vs NZ, World Cup 2023: Kane Williamson happy with ‘underdog’ tag ahead of India semfinal
- Australia announces women’s squad for India tour
- ICC World Cup 2023: Bavuma trains full tilt despite discomfort ahead of SA vs AUS semifinal
- IND vs NZ, ICC World Cup 2023 semifinal: Wankhede Stadium pitch report, conditions, toss factor; stats, records in ODIs