Satwiksairaj Rankireddy and Chirag Shetty beat Ben Lane and Sean Vendy of England 21-15, 21-13 to win the gold in the men’s doubles final at the 2022 Commonwealth Games in Birmingham on Monday.
The pair sealed India’s first-ever gold in the men’s doubles event at the Commonwealth Games.
India has now won three gold medals in badminton at the 2022 Games. Earlier on Monday, P.V. Sindhu and Lakshya Sen clinched the gold in the women’s singles and men’s singles events, respectively.
The mixed team won the silver while Kidambi Srikanth and the pair of Treesa Jolly and Gayatri Gopichand took the bronze in the men’s singles and women’s doubles, respectively.
- China women’s football coach Shui sacked over Paris Olympics qualification failure
- ICC World Cup 2023: Every genuine Indian cricket lover should be proud of this team, says Gavaskar
- Cummins’ captaincy in World Cup final was brilliant: Paine
- Fighting against the odds, Nilakanta and Manipur determined to enter quarterfinals
- India vs Qatar, FIFA World Cup qualifiers: Igor Stimac’s work over the years is bearing fruits now, says Rahul Bheke