AB de Villiers, the former South Africa cricketer, penned an emotional tribute to Hashim Amla as the former Proteas opener announced his retirement from cricket on Wednesday.
“Hashim Amla.. where do I start?! Not easy,” wrote de Villiers in his Twitter post.
Also Read | That man Hashim Amla and the glorious memories!
“(It) might take me a few days, weeks, months, years (to come to terms with your retirement),” he added.
Amla and de Villiers, who made their debut for South Africa in 2004, had been the foundations of the South African team for almost 15 years.
Between 2004 and 2018, when de Villiers announced his retirement, the duo shared 113 partnerships across the three formats and scored 6,274 runs together at an average of 57.55. No other South African pair scored as many runs.
Talking about their legendary partnerships on the pitch, de Villiers said, “I can literally write a book about you.”
“Humaam, thank you for always being there for me. You’ve always been a brother who made me feel safe in so many ways,” he added.
- ATP Finals 2023: Djokovic dispatches Alcaraz to set up title match against home-favourite Sinner
- IND vs AUS head-to-head in ODI World Cup: India vs Australia WC results and records
- IND vs AUS Live Streaming Info, World Cup 2023 Final: When and where to watch India vs Australia today?
- IND vs AUS, ICC World Cup 2023 final: What happens if match is abandoned? Reserve Day rules explained
- IND vs AUS, ICC World Cup 2023: Which artists are performing in the final at Narendra Modi Stadium in Ahmedabad?