Afghanistan's Asghar Afghan on Saturday went past former India captain M. S. Dhoni to become the most successful skipper in T20 internationals.
He achieved the feat following Afghanistan's 47-run win over Zimbabwe in the third T20I at the Sheikh Zayed Stadium in Abu Dhabi.
Afghan has now recorded 42 wins in the T20I format, surpassing Dhoni's tally of 41 victories. He had equalled Dhoni's record of most wins as captain in men's T20Is after Afghanistan had defeated Zimbabwe in the second game of the three-match series.
England skipper Eoin Morgan is third on the list with 33 wins, while Pakistan's Sarfaraz Ahmed is at the fourth spot with 29 wins. Former West Indies captain Daren Sammy has 27 victories to his name and is at the fifth position.
Meanwhile, Afghanistan spinner Rashid Khan became the third-highest wicket-taker in men's T20Is. He had picked three wickets on Friday to leapfrog New Zealand pacer Tim Southee.
However, he went wicketless in the final T20I against Zimbabwe. Rashid has so far scalped 95 wickets and is behind Lasith Malinga (107) and Shahid Afridi (98).
- Shooting LIVE Score Asian Games 2023: Anant eyes gold in men’s skeet final; Sift wins gold with WR, India wins 25m women’s pistol team gold
- IND vs AUS live score 3rd ODI: Marsh attacks Bumrah early after Australia opts to bat vs India
- Asian Games 2023, September 27 Live Updates from Hangzhou 2022: Esha Singh bags silver in 25m pistol, Samra wins 50m rifle 3p gold with new WR; Shiva Thapa in action, tennis results
- Table Tennis LIVE Score, Asian Games 2023: India Men’s Doubles R-64, Manav Thakkar and Manush Shah in action
- Asian Games 2023: Esha Singh bags silver in 25m pistol women’s final, Manu Bhaker finishes fifth