Australia displaced India at the top of the men’s ODI rankings after its 2-1 series win over the hosts in Chennai on Wednesday.
The Aussies beat India by 21 runs to complete a comeback series victory after they had lost the opening match in Mumbai last week.
The last time India lost a series at home was in 2018/19. It lost an ODI series 3-2 against Australia. Since then India registered six Test series wins, 14 T20I series and seven ODI series at home.
Latest on Sportstar
- Senthilnathan sees red in negligence of longest format
- Mithali Raj: Schools must encourage team sports for girls
- Rural area important base to promote Indian sports: V. Baskaran
- Accessible infrastructure to holistic coaching staff: how India can bridge Olympic/Paralympic gap
- McGrath: Warne was a normal bloke who lived an extraordinary life