Mitchell Starc is likely to miss the third Test against South Africa in Sydney after he sustained a finger injury in his left hand, his bowling arm, on day one of the Boxing Day Test in Melbourne.
The fast bowler dislocated the tip of his middle finger while trying to take a catch at long-on during the middle season on Monday. He immediately left the field for further observation and a scan.
Also Read | Cameron Green on song: Maiden Test five wicket haul, second-most expensive player in IPL history - all in a week
He returned to the field later but did not require to bowl as South Africa was bowled out for 189, with Cameron Green taking five wickets. Starc bowled a total of 13 overs and took two wickets.
On the second day morning, though Starc continued to play a Cricket Australia Statement said, “The condition will be reassessed at the completion of the match.”
Latest on Sportstar
- WTC Final 2023, India vs Australia: All You Need To Know, Playing Conditions, squad, live streaming info
- NBA Finals 2023 - Game 1 analysis: Nikola Jokic’s Denver Nuggets turn up the ‘Heat’!
- Spanish Grand Prix, Formula 1 Live updates: Verstappen to start from pole; Streaming details in India
- WTC Final: Rahane stands at crossroads in his comeback Test
- French Open pair Kato, Sutjiadi disqualified after ballgirl hit