Australian spin bowling consultant Fawad Ahmed has tested positive for COVID-19 ahead of Australia's first Test against Pakistan in Rawalpindi on Friday.
Ahmed, who will work as a consultant during Australia's first tour of Pakistan in 24 years, returned a positive test upon his arrival at the team hotel on Monday following his involvement in the Pakistan Super League.
The 40-year-old will remain in isolation for at least five days and will only be released after providing two negative tests.
Ahmed has had no direct contact with the Australian squad, who have all tested negative since arriving in Pakistan for the three-Test series.
- Extremely grateful for what Tiger Woods is doing for golf: World No. 1 Scottie Scheffler
- IND vs AUS, 4th T20I preview: Vice captain Iyer returns as India looks to seal series against depleted Australia
- Indian sports news wrap, November 30
- ISL 2023-24: Odisha FC looks to continue AFC Cup form at league level against Jamshedpur
- From Kempes, Maradona to Messi: Ossie Ardiles explains the Argentina DNA behind winning the FIFA World Cup